Friday, July 25, 2014

Get your a** to med school!!!

                                         *Image credit from the movie total recall

So this picture pretty accurately describes how I was feeling today (pain wise) after I left a group meeting upon the realization that for the upteenth time, I was being asked to essentially leave details of what I alone have created/discovered for my replacement to use. And that will happen the day after hell freezes over, I will NOT once again have something I busted my ass on be given to someone else, who will then take credit! HELLZ NAW!!! And waiting to see if my name is eventually added to the paper? Yeah, I'm still waiting from 20 years ago.

Needless to say that after I removed the thing from my nose...... errrrrr......... I mean left the meeting, I went with tears welling up in my eyes to see my grandpa advisor.

And after I'd talked about 30 seconds, he interrupted me and told me to "Get yourself in med school ASAP!!!!" Now the first thing that came to my mind was the following scene from the movie Total Recall:



ROTFL!!! And I dunno know, I ALWAYS try to find some humor in my not so humorous situations. So knowing how old I am, my advisor also told me that he thinks I have essentially NO chance at being admitted to a school in Texas because of my age and suggested I go the Caribbean route. His Family Practitioner had attended one of the big 4 med schools in the 2000's and had done a residency in Family Medicine at one of the top programs in Texas. Then he mentioned that his wife sat on the adcom of a Texas school and that that was where his info was coming from. My response was that with all the new med schools, residency seats will be limited in the future, then he responded "Not in Family Medicine, kids these days are going after the money, so there's ALWAYS going to be FM spots that go unfilled. Especially in Texas." Then he asked me to promise him that I would look into the school his Doc attended when I got back to my desk, and I did. I also chat online with them too for "information gathering purposes".

Now with all that said, I'm NOT changing from my current plan........at least, I don't think I am.............Hmmmmmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment