Sunday, August 10, 2014

Leibster Award!!


So, I was recently nominated for the Leibster Award by Danielle, author of the blog Aspiring Minority Doctor. Hers is a blog FULL of info for the premed, so you should definitely check it out if you're nontraditional and premed too! And thanks for the nomination Danielle!

LIEBSTER, PRONOUNCED ‘LEEB’-STER, IS A WORD OF GERMAN ORIGIN AND MEANS BELOVED, PREFERRED, OR LIKED VERY MUCH AMONG OTHERS. IT IS A TERM OF ENDEARMENT AND LIKEWISE, THE LIEBSTER AWARD IS ONE CREATED BY BLOGGERS FOR BLOGGERS AS A WAY TO ACKNOWLEDGE THEIR WORK IN THE BLOGGERSPHERE.”

To accept the award, here are the rules:

The Liebster Award Rules
1. Thank the nominator and post a link to his/her blog
2. Display the award on your blog
3. Answer the eleven questions provided by the nominator
4. Nominate 5-11 blogs which have less than 1,000 followers, and let them know they’ve been nominated
5. Make up and post eleven questions for your nominees to answer
6. Post these rules on your blog

Here are Danielle's questions for me:
1. What's one major lesson that you have learned from blogging?
That the Internet has some of the most wonderful people on the planet. And also the most evil, it never occurred to me that some of my writings could so incense (insecure/racist) people so much that they would contact schools they thought I'd applied to, to prevent me from achieving my goals.
2. What's your guilty pleasure?
Love and Hip Hop Atlanta, ROTFL!!!!
3. What is one thing that most people find surprising about you?
That I'm really serious about earning the MD/PhD.
4. What is your favorite quote?
Excellence eventually trumps ignorance.
5. Are you a morning person or a night-owl?
I'm actually both, I wake up happy no matter what time it is or how much sleep I've had the night before. But also enjoy staying up all night too.
6. What is one thing that you miss the most from your childhood?
Living in northern Cali, cool, open minded people and great weather!
7. What's the best advice that you could give to your younger self?
Live for today and enjoy every moment of it!!!
8. What's one of your pet peeves?
People who give me instructions while we're on the computer together. I don't really need to be told to click on the next tab, URGH!!!!
9. Do you prefer dogs or cats?
I've had /have and LOVE both pets, so both!
10. What's your favorite season?
Depends on where I am, here in hot a$$ Texas I LOVE winter, but on the East coast, I prefer the Spring.
11. What motivates you to keep blogging?
The knowledge that there are people who have commonalities with me, be it age, gender, and/or race, ect , that are looking for the motivation to keep pressing on toward their goals!!!!
>>>>>>>>>>> 

I couldn't think of 5-10 blogs with less than 1000 views because all the sites I love are VERY popular! But I have decided to nominate this blog, A 40 year old medical student because the author is so positive and absolutely one of the most determined people I know!

So, here are my questions for her if she has time in between starting 3rd year clinical rotations to answer:

1.    If you could have dinner with anyone in your past or future profession, who would it be?
2.    What significant obstacle have you overcome to get to where you are now?
3.    What is your favorite gift you've ever received from your child(ren)?
4.    Facebook, yes or no?
5.    What do you want to be “when you grow up”?
6.    What do you love about yourself?
7.    What's the best piece of academic advice you're ever received?
8.    Flats or Stilettos?
9.    Boxers or briefs (on men)?
10.What's your favorite class of all time?

11.Who has been your biggest mentor/support?

1 comment:

  1. Awesome, thanks for answering! I'm so glad you saw my post cause I completely forgot about the part to notify the nominees (I'll have to remember to do that this weekend lol). I'm going to take your answer to question 1 to heart though.

    ReplyDelete