Tuesday, November 11, 2014

When the teacher becomes a student......again! :)

                             *My dry erase board is my friend, LOL!!!

It occurred to me that my readers may be wondering what I'm doing these days to "earn my own keep". Turns out that tutoring nursing, pharmacy, premeds, prepharms, and prenursing students keeps me pretty busy. And I actually find it humorously ironic that I'm applying for jobs in the $15-$20/hour range when I make 4X that at a minimum for tutoring folks, LOL!!

I also have an interview for a position in the ER/Trauma department at a local hospital in the job equivalent of a medical assistant with some research study work too. Turns out that the Doc I shadowed in the ER remembered me and wants to follow up about a gig, a gig that is normally filled by medical students. So YES if I'm offered this opportunity I'm going to take it, it's full-time, 12 hours shifts, 3 days/week. The other 2 days, I hope to work as a Pharm Tech. And I won't be taking classes this Spring to prepare for the MCAT, so I'll have time. Now I know that probably sounds like a lot going on, but I'm the kind of person that doesn't function well with too much time on my hands, hence the dual gigs. Of course, that won't leave much time for tutoring and that's okay, because as much as I get out of helping others, it simply doesn't fulfil my need for being highly stimulated academically.

I do enjoy learning though and I suppose that must be the case given my long term goals. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment