Monday, November 3, 2014

If I had to choose a medical specialty today, I'd choose..............


................Hematology/Oncology.

Today, it seems a very good way for me to do the following:

1) Have a career seeing patients while also conducting research too.

2) Use my pathology background so that it won't go to "waste".

3) Use bioinformatics skills to address cancer health disparities.

The ultimate trifecta!!! :)

Interestingly, my hospice training is on the 19th of this month and I also joined American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) last August. Add to that, my first Master's thesis project was in sickle cell disease and the other one was a breast cancer project. Interesting, but probably not ironic.

Of course, that's a long time form now, but it's fun to dream today!

2 comments:

  1. Me too if my age weren't an issue ... but given that... I just want to get in :)

    Sent you an email re: OPM... bill need to be paid?

    ReplyDelete