Monday, January 5, 2015

Still here and kickin'!!!

Happy New Year!!

So I didn't really disappear off the face of the earth LOL, I've just been SUPER busy with with intercession classes, moving, setting up a new home, and visiting out of town relatives. But now that the holidays are over, I'm back into "student"/premed mode as I start one of the busiest semesters I've had in a VERY long time!

The first 8 weeks of school be strictly programming classes with some MCAT review mixed in. Speaking of that, I need to adjust my MCAT exam date meter, there's NO WAY I'll be ready for the exam by April as I had originally planned due to my course schedule this semester. I am tentatively planning on a date sometime in July which I know is pushing it because I was considering applying early decision by August 1. And yes, I'm still interested in the MD/PhD program. As for my research, I meet this week with my new PI but no, nothing official is in play yet but I should know something more certain by week's end. However, as my grandmother used to say, "one monkey don't stop the show", so I'll keep busy with school and volunteering until something local and "fitting" comes about.

2 comments:

  1. I definitely have a feeling this is going to be your year! Happy New Year, and best of luck to you on that MCAT grind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dr. D, I don't have words for how excited I am about this year! :)

      Delete