Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Return of the Mack

So I had a meeting with my new research advisor yesterday and what can I say, I left the meeting with a profound sense of appreciation for the fact that I have FINALLY found another Prof who "has my professional back". I also realized that while my research rotation last summer helped me better define my interests in the interface between medical research and computer science, how poorly I was treated while working there left my self-confidence in shambles (and that very likely came across in the interviews I had last Fall which may explain the outcomes). So I'll continue to rebuild that but with a group that believes in me and what I'm ultimately trying to accomplish.

Moving on, my verbal reasoning review is going well and though I'm not scoring as well as how I performed on the exam, I'm pretty certain that all these years of reviewing for the MCAT are going to pay off big time. I mean how could it not and I also look forward to passing on to others what I've learned.

Well, my posts are going to be pretty short as I embark on a CS deep next few months while also preparing for the MCAT. I'll also be doing research though not regularly until around March, my CS intensive classes and MCAT review are going to keep me plenty busy until that time!

Now in the spirit of me putting the "mo back into the jo", this is one of my favorite "comeback" songs!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck on ur MCAT prep! I find it so interesting how you are studying computer science as well, that will be a unique touch when you finish medical school

    Kristin @wifemd.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kristin, thank you for your comment and thanks for visiting!! :)

      Delete