Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Putting together a plan I can WORK WITH!!!!!

I realized after rereading my last post numerous times that besides sounding incredible sad, it really indicated my need to put together a plan that will meet my need to make progress toward my PhD while also putting matriculation into med school on the near horizon. But most importantly, I need to make and more importantly KEEP a workable time frame for getting me where I need to be.

So with everything I have going on in my life right now most of which I've shared on my blog, I feel like a 2 year timeframe for matriculating in med school will best under my current circumstances. And over the next few weeks, I'll be putting together a schedule with a NO EXCEPTIONS clause to make sure I stay true to my goals and most importantly, true to myself.

Today this list includes:
1) Preparing for/retaking the new MCAT.
2) Getting back into a patient oriented research position.
3) Taking at least one course every semester toward my PhD in Comp Bio.
4) Brushing up on my Spanish speaking skills.
5) Applying to med school.

Speaking of research, it looks like I'll need to choose between the two research groups I've recently met with since I've received very positive feedback from both. And as I've mentioned many times before, I'll be literally praying that I make the best choice given the time I lost toward my PhD (which delayed my med school app too) choosing the wrong research group (and ultimately the wrong school) last summer. That said, I can honestly see now where that "wrong group/school" ended up being a blessing in disguise because I may never have considered what appears to now be a better school, with a better research group, in a MUCH better city!! In other words, everything truly does happen for a reason, so now I've just got get my plan together and WORK IT OUT!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment