Saturday, April 4, 2015

A day in the life of a Bioinformatician

                                                     * Image from biocomicals.com

This doesn't exactly describe the life of a person in the field of Bioinformatics/Data Science/Computational Biology, but it's pretty darn close to what I hope my career will look like 20 years from now. Me, relaxing in Caribbean waters (where I'll have a second home), consulting with Clinicians all over the world on their data heavy research projects.

Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

And in case anyone is wondering why the combo "Bioinformatics/Data Science/Computational Biology", it's because there's so much overlap in the core curriculums of these 3 programs (you specialize with your electives) that I list them as one. So while I've been crystal clear this is my "area" research wise, my dissertation advisor/research project will dictate which one of the 3, I end up focusing on. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment