Thursday, February 12, 2015

End of the road..........

Nope, I haven't given up on med school, LOL!! But I did decided to "back burner" my research project goals for a while.

What happened? Well, I had to make a decision because I clearly I have too much going on. So I decided that I would focus on those activities that bring me closer to my MD or DO/PhD goals or at the very least, facilitates the process. And that meant that I would prioritize my clinical volunteer work, doctoral coursework in computational biology, MCAT review, and tutoring over trying to get back into a research group in the immediate future. I guess I finally realized that trying to successfully complete a research project too would have been just too much, so decided to concede that something had to give. AND I FEEL GREAT!!!!!! :)

Of course, this is exactly what I think God was trying to tell me all along, leave the research stuff for the MD or DO/PhD program, and focus on med school admissions for now. And I have no explanation for why I was so hard headed but things are really cool right now. Busy, but VERY cool.

Other than that revelation, everything is everything as the young people say! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment