Friday, May 1, 2015

I've got a new attitude!!!!


“I'm feeling good from my head to my shoes, know where I'm going and I know what to do, I tidied up my post of view, I got a new attitude!!””


Those infamous lyrics from Patti Labelle's song New Attitude, pretty much captures what I'm thinking and feeling these days!! I'm going back (FOR GOOD) to a clinical setting, and in the biggest, most exciting news of all, we're getting da' hell out of the suburbs and moving to the city!!!!!Yes, yes, YES!!!!


I actually attended this Prince concert, my first, in 1982 when this very tour came to the city I was living in in Florida.

But I digress, I've been waiting on a move like this for years, but we stayed in the 'burbs because public schools are so much better there. The only sticking point is renting versus buying, and at issue is the fact that buying is MUCH cheaper than renting in the city. But I don't want to jump into city life like that right now because I don't know where I'll end up in medical school ;) (and being landlords just isn't realistic for our "on the go" lifestyles). So I've found a few places that we're going to look at in a few weeks, but I'll be doing this by myself at least initially because DD is going with DH to Cali on business in a few weeks,  right after she finishes her final exams.

Movin' on, I've also decided on a tentative 2 year plan that is actually more like a one year plan as far as the classes I'm going to be taking and my MCAT study schedule. My program advisor is not too thrilled about my decision to slow things down, but he'll get over it. The difficulty I had finding a research group won't be forgotten soon and I need to shore up my “clinical goals” since that's where my heart is, Peds in particular. But to make sure I hit the ground running next month on my new gig, there are some websites I've had to review to make sure I'm up to speed clinically speaking when I start in mid May. One of these websites is the WHO-ICD10 training website which is located here . I'll only be responsible for the general training information and the information specific for GI, but looking through the manual reminds me that med school is going to require learning a TON of information and that the clinical experiences I'm getting now are sealing the fate on future and more importantly, my purpose!!!

"Know where I'm going my worries are few, 'cause I got love (purpose) like I NEVER knew. I tidied up my point of view, I got a new attitude!!



No comments:

Post a Comment