Saturday, May 30, 2015

Blessed and highly favored.

My new gig is going very well primarily because I've chosen to focus on all the nice and caring caregivers (pun intended) I work with and the great work in patient care I observe while ignoring as much as I can, the less pleasant parts of it. Like the fact that the fly Surgeon I thought I would be working with primarily, has been replaced by a "suit". And it's not like the fly Doc and I won't be working together at all, just that the "suit" will have some say in what I do. And while it may seem on the outside a bad thing (because he's neither a Scientist nor a Doc), it's actually a GREAT thing because it means that there's no way in hell I won't attempt to "bust a move" to med school in the VERY near future. Plus the fact that I spent tumor board sitting in between med students from 2 Texas schools, I'll be constantly reminded that there's something else I'm going to do in my life. All that said, the main purpose of this "meantime" gig will be to learn to manage my current Supv situation with the utmost of finesse since those skills will come in handy in med school. The other really wonderful part is all that I'm learning soooooooooooo much working with Clinicians!!! Yeah, it's an understatement to say that I'm blessed that I get to do this important work at a hospital that serves the less fortunate at this time in my wonderful life!! WOW!!!! The other really meaningful revelation I've had relates to the THREE, count em', THREE promises for a gig a PI made to me between last Fall, to as recently as March of this year. Turns out that all the research I did preparing for that gig is directly related to my current position, as in the Fly Doc and Dr. Empty Job Promise have worked together in the past. But the Fly Doc is considered a national leader in the field so once again I'm reminded that very little in life happens for no reason at all, we just have to be patient and more importantly, not give up hope that all things will truly work together for the greater good. Not only that, my personal goal of health disparities work fits like a glove due to our patient population and the organ system we're focused in. Double WOW!!!!!

Movin' on, I don't have words for how much I'm LOVIN' living in the city and we've spent the past few days (in between all the rain/flooding) exploring the neighborhood. I should clarify that, we've been exploring all the fine eating establishments within walking distance of our new home. Yum!!! We've also spent a good amount of time enjoying the most beautiful sunsets I've ever seen in my life and I'll post some amazing pics I've recently taken soon.

Well, this is another quickie since we're having issues getting our Internet set up and hanging out the the clubhouse (where there's wifi for residents ) with all the partying 20 somethings is a bit of "been there, done that, got the hat, teeshirt, and matching shoes", type of situation, LOL!!!"

Yeah, it's the understatement that I'm basking in God's blessing for my life these days, it's truly MY season!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment