Saturday, January 18, 2014

Let's get it started!!

It never fails that as soon as I start allowing myself to settle, however temporarily, on the idea of "just" getting a PhD, I'm reminded yet again, of what my ultimate goal is.

So it turns out that a significant part of my clinical healthcare course is going to be shadowing physicians in their area of specialty including surgery!!!! Now, I REALLY wish I could insert 1000 dancing bananas here, ROTFL!!!

I'm also looking forward to sharing what I'm learning about clinical healthcare in this country. For example, did you know that the 80 hour work week rule for Residents was implemented after the daughter of a lawyer sued to have those changes made? Of course this made me think again about the MD/JD instead of the MD/PhD since I can talk 'ish with the best of them and I often feel Docs frequently get the short end of the legal stick.

But I digress, this semester is going to be absolutely AMAZING though I'm going to be more busy than I've EVER been in my ENTIRE life! I mean, there's just so much I'm going to have to talk about and I can't wait to share it ALL!!! The only problem will be finding the time to share it and it looks like Saturdays, when I do most of my school work, is going to be the ONLY day I'll have time.

At any rate, I can't contain my excitement about this semester and the future, so in the words of MC HAmmer, let's get it started!

No comments:

Post a Comment