Sunday, January 5, 2014

To whom much is given, much is required.......


Happy New Year Everyone!

Tomorrow I begin what I'm hoping will be at least a 10 year relationship with a major cancer and academic center, because quite frankly, I'm tired of moving around. I know I mentioned going back to the NIH in Maryland numerous times, but after getting a good taste of midwestern southern hospitality, I don't think I'll EVER live on the East Coast again. EVER. I don't have words for how nice the people here in hot a$$ Texas have been to me, a feeling I've never experienced at this level in my entire life before. And it couldn't have come at a better time!! I also realized that my relocating here without a gig in place is one of the biggest leaps of faith I've ever made in my life. But I'm so proud of myself for having done so, I've been clear for a while now that this was what I was supposed to do. But if I'm really being honest, I have to admit that my excitement about this new chapter in my life has now morphed into nervousness. It's that feeling you get when you realize something big is about to happen in your life but you have NO IDEA how it's going to manifest. I woudn't say it's like walking blind because God clearly has "eyes" when I don't. More like I'm so use to having everything planned and mapped out to a tee but that this time, things are going to follow a path I neither planned nor anticipated not that long ago. The only thing I do know is that I'm doing the right thing, at the right time, in the right place, and that that is going to have to suffice for now.

I've got a LOT to do in the next 24 hours including reading some job related papers and meeting with a client, so this post is going to be short. But I'll do my best to update sometime this week since I'll have PLENTY to talk about by Wednesday!

Luke 12:48
.........For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.

No comments:

Post a Comment