Thursday, February 6, 2014

I really, REALLY, don't want to be a sledgehammer!!!



So today is a day that can best be described as a "sledgehammer" day jobwise and school/careerwise. And I kinda saw it coming because I had the urge to fast all day and for a person that likes to eat, to have that feeling come out of nowhere I knew meant something. So I obeyed and it didn't take long for me to know why that was a good idea.

I can admit that the residual disaster that was my time in death pharma makes me sensitive to negative situations on the job, so I do my best to think calmly and rationally at ALL times. And I really needed that today because I was tried on MULTIPLE levels and at the end of the day, realized that I can been purposely sent into the lion's den by a co-worker. It's funny because after I came out of the lion's den, I had a strange sense of absolute peace. I had my clinical healthcare class today, so that's always a spirit lifter for me and today's lecture was given by a NICE Anesthesiologist. And class today was soooooooooo good, the discussions were even better, and I was once again reminded to stay the Physician/Health Informatics course. So I'm mentally moving and grooving in class, I mean I'm getting it in education wise and I'm saying to myself "Anesthesia is so NOT for me, but I can't wait to become a Pathologist and nothing in the world is going to stop me from doing just that, LOL!!". Then I get an email.............from the woman I interviewed with last week and hadn't heard from ALL week asking me to meet one final time to discuss details OF MY NEW GIG if I'm still interested!!!! Yeah.

My immediate next thought was that no job in the WORLD could make me change my mind about becoming a Doctor and this course just adds MUCH needed fuel and more importantly purpose to this goal. If I was 20 years younger, I wouldn't second guess it at all so why am I allowing myself to second guess it now? Because CLEARLY I'm not going to be 100% satisfied in ANY career until I at least give it a try again.

Lastly, NO new gig is real UNTIL YOU SIGN ON THE DOTTED LINE, but at least now I no longer have ANY doubt that jumping ship from where I am now is the absolute RIGHT thing to do. Because being Path201X-Souffle for a lion is NOT on my agenda.

No comments:

Post a Comment