Monday, July 13, 2015

Back in the saddle again.

So I'm now regularly studying for the MCAT, though I've yet to develop a formal plan to do so. And I started with taking practice tests and scored an impressive 27 (All 9's based on the old scoring) and considering I hadn't taken an exam in over a year, I thought that score was fantastic!!! Honestly, I'm just kinda bored studying for the exam this time around because between the last time I took the exam in 2011 (I think), and the fact that for almost 2 years, Ive tutored students (in the science sections only) taking the exam, I'm just soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
"OVER"this freakin' exam!! URGH!!! Double URGH!!!!!!!!!


Anyhoo, I also decided to pick up a class this summer (advanced stats in R) because I simply don't have enough to do, LOL!! More importantly, I don't want to forget everything I learned last semester and programming isn't like riding a bicycle, at least not for me. Too many weeks away and I forget every damn thing I learned!!

Outside of that, nothing much is going on, my kid starts her first job next week and has joined a few engineering clubs for women and minorities at her school. My FIL is still by some miracle hanging on in what looks like the most dysfunctional family situation I've EVER seen as far as what should be his end of life care. Having been down this road myself with my own father (and with a remaining parent in denial about her own cancer Dx), I totally "get" some of the dysfunction I see as it's incredibly hard to let people you love "go". So in an effort to keep from being judgmental, I try to stay supportive but it's incredibly hard to see someone suffering to no end and for a poor quality of life to boot. Just very sad...............................................

No comments:

Post a Comment