Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Change departments and Go!

So I'm happily moseying (is that a word?) along when I get an email from the program coordinator of the MD/PhD program I recently visited and it basically says: "Our program does NOT support a PhD in Health/Biomedical Informatics". So with that, the fact that the fellowhsip I'd been "offered" in Health/Bionformatics is now "up in the air" as of late last week, the news that I would need to change departments "stung" MUCH less.

And in the strangest irony of all, there IS a Biomedical Informatics division of my NEW department of choice (Translational Science) which just happens to be directed by the Prof of one of my courses this semester. Now, I'm almost ready to get my happy dance on because he's also looking for grad students starting this summer too. The fact that I can transfer almost ALL of my med school and some grad school coursework is just an added bonus!

Hmmmmmm, it's funny how things work out and FAR more funny how when things appear not to work out, they actually DO in the end! Still, I think I'm going to save my next "I gotta fellowship speech" for the day after I start it, ROTFL!!!! :)

So I'm gonna change clothes  departments and GO!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment