Friday, April 18, 2014

Momisms104: Seniors and Surfboards



Doc201X: "So what song did your class pick for the Senior Class song?"

Daughter: "What song did your class pick?"

I wrinkle my brow because she didn't answer my question.

Doc201X: "MY class picked "On the Wings of Love". Then I start singing; "On the wings of LOOOOVVVVE......"

Daughter: "Really Mom, PLEASE stop.....Who sang that song?"

Doc201X: "Jeffery Osborne, then I start singing again....ON THE WINGS OF LOOOVVEEEE".

Loud laughter ensues.

Doc201X: "So what song did you guys pick?"

Daughter: "Well you know the song choices weren't all that great.".

Doc201X: "Really, what's that supposed to mean"?

Daughter: "It means that I hadn't heard of most of the songs, so I picked Drunk in Love by Beyonce".

Doc201X: "ARE YOU SERIOUS, that was REALLY one of the song choices?!?!?". What's WRONG with ya'll, ya'll couldn't come up with anything else to put on the list?!?!?!

Daughter: "No not really, all the other ones sounded too childish".

Doc201X: "Like what?"

Daughter: "Like that song from the movie Frozen". Or that song by Lorde. And all day long, kids were saying "Surfboard".

Joint laughter so hard and loud, I had to pull over.

Doc201X: "Honey, you do realize what Beyonce means by "surfboard" right?"

Daughter: "Yeah".

Doc201X: "So that's what ya'll were saying all day huh". Lord have mercy, your generation is a trip"!!!

So here's the song I'm trippin' about and I'm trippin' about it because I think it's a HIGHLY inappropriate song choice for some high school kids, from the title "Drunk in Love" to what Beyonce means when she talks about riding "surfboards".

Anyhoo, here are the song lyrics that caused my most recent Mother/Daughter Brouhaha which is a hellva LONG way from "On the Wings of Love":

 "Boy, I'm drinking, I'm singing on the mic til my voice hoarse...Then I fill the tub up halfway then ride it with my surfboard, surfboard, surfboard  Graining on that wood, graining, graining on that wood".

This is what a Senior class song is supposed to song like:



And this is a 2014 COMPLETELY ratchet Senior class song:

2 comments:

  1. LOL That's crazy! How does that even describe the class??? You and your daughter are beautiful by the way :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dr. Ward! The class ended up choosing Royal by Lorde, thank goodness! :)

      Delete