Tuesday, April 29, 2014

God is really, REALLY laughing at me now, LOL!!!

So no sooner than "I decide" that my cancer research career is over, do I learn that one of the projects my new PI is considering for me involves cancer drugs. Well damn, LOL!!! So at this point, I'm going to hold back on talking so much about what "I" want to do research wise and instead, focus on what God puts before me because CLEARLY I don't have a clue, ROTFL!!!

Movin' on, I've started working on my MCAT schedule which is essentially the exact same schedule I used back in 2011(?). This time however, I'm expecting to finally crack the 30+ mark by a LOT!!!

I also had my Anesthesiology/OR rotation yesterday and suffice it to say that I will NOT become either an Anesthesiologist OR Surgeon. It was great seeing the different pathologies in the cases, but that is pretty much where my interest in either field ended BIG TIME!!!

Last thing on my plate these days is getting additional phlebotomy training for the specific purpose of getting me back into a clinical setting ASAP. So I got back in touch with the woman that I was working with a few months ago and I'm really hoping she can add me to the next class of folks who will be getting training next month. I know I'm running out of time to get this done since I have time now but won't have much in about 2 weeks, so I've got my fingers crossed that it all works out soon. Funny thing is that I've have the opportunity to make significantly more money working as a Scientist (if I was willing to move), but I'd MUCH rather make less money doing a job that allows me to be in a medical setting, interacting with people. Plus, these jobs are ALWAYS in demand which is an added bonus.

Man, so interesting to contemplate how much of a difference this particular semester has made in my life.....................................

No comments:

Post a Comment