Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Go get it!!!


Over the years, I've been a fairly big critic of Beyonce and all the "vagina thrusting" she does in her music videos. But her latest album Beyonce', gets multiple "listens" EVERY single day.

Especially this song with its African influences both in beats and dance, and how it relates so much to how I'm feeling these days:



So despite all the challenging news I've gotten so far this week, there are also some definitive things to celebrate. Like my still 100% perfect average in the second part of my Bioinformatics course, including the midterm that was due on Monday, but that I didn't know I had until the day before, LOL!!! Needless to say, I was up until midnight Sunday night, but what I'm learning and doing so beyond cool I didn't even mind! There's also my scheduled rotations at the county hospital at the end of the month with Dr. B, my newest mentor and the Doc I shadowed for my first IM rotation. Speaking of Dr. B, I learned that I have the second highest average in his class!! There's also Dr.E who works in health informatics at the same hospital where I'm to do my rotations and who also has an inside scoop on a couple Health Informatics gigs there at said county hospital.

The thing is that it may be best for me to just increase my client load until my fellowship starts, which will hopefully be next month. I can also get to work on that list of schools I've attended (now 14 strong) to get my app ready for AMCAS submission. Then there's the MCAT, I need to put together a new study schedule for a test date I still haven't definitively decided on yet, but that I clearly need to think about REAL soon. Yeah, I think I can find some things to do to occupy my time, ROTFL!!!!

I'm going to end this post with one of my favorite songs by the group Mary, Mary which also gets at least one play/ ere' day, as the ol' folks say.  I especially like this lyric from the song:

"Can't be mad at the things you been through cuz they built yo muscle, Now you're stronger than you've ever been they can't stop yo hustle"

I recently learned that there's GREAT power in putting your goals and dreams on paper, something I'd NEVER done before. Because when it comes to a dream like medical school, it certainly isn't going to just fall in your lap, you have "put" that goal out there in the universe, then actively go after it!

No comments:

Post a Comment